We are excited to announce that we are now open!
As many of you have probably heard on the news, the Ontario government has announced that dental offices, amongst other medical providers, may reopen. The Ministry of Health has lifted restrictions placed back in March and provided guidelines to ensure the safety of patients and staff alike. Maxwell Heights Dental has always followed strict infection control standards, but we have updated our protocols to meet or exceed current recommendations from the Ministry of Health and the RCDSO. As such, you will notice that some things will be a little different:
- We will ask screening questions before booking your appointment, and again at the time of your appointment in written form.
- We will take and record your temperature with a non-contact thermometer.
- We will reschedule your appointment if you screen positive for COVID-19. Even if you screen negative, we may send you home if you appear unwell.
- We ask that you do not come to the office without an appointment – please call ahead.
- You will be asked to bring and wear your own mask while in the office.
- You will be asked to come alone. Exceptions will be made for young children, the elderly, or anyone requiring assistance with their appointment. Please advise us ahead of time. (The person accompanying you to the appointment must also answer screening questions, have their temperature taken, as well as bring and wear their own mask.)
- You will be asked to wait outside our office or in your car. Please call us when you arrive. We will let you know when you can enter the office.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer on entry to our office.
- Our waiting room will look different. We will no longer offer pamphlets, magazines or children’s toys since those items are difficult to fully disinfect.
- Appointments will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing between patients as much as possible. This may mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment, but it will also reduce the number of patients in the waiting room at any given time.
- You will notice team members wearing more protective gear depending on the procedure. This includes different masks, face shields, gowns, head coverings, etc.
- We will give you a mouth rinse to use for 1 minute immediately before your appointment.
- We will be disinfecting high touch surfaces more frequently (eg. Door knobs, taps, countertops, debit machine)
- We ask that you refrain from using our bathroom as much as possible.
- After your appointment if you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days, please call our office and let us know.
All of these changes are designed to create the safest environment for you, other patients, and our team members. We look forward to seeing you again!
Your team at Maxwell Heights Dental